Trinitarian

Friday, November 27, 2015

Carrickmacross

I had an adventure into making Carrickmacross Lace while I have been absent from my blog space. Remember this Kit from Tanja Berlin that I won on Mary Corbett's NeedleNThread.com ? It got me started and I was soon wanting more.



So I looked through Mary's collection of patterns and took an element from one of them to work in Carrickmacross.

I found a tutorial on Lyn's blog and worked through details. 


                     I procured some materials from Jo Firth. The quality is excellent. You can see how sheer , how fine. Most important is the Janome Lace scissors, excellent quality, great price.


A practice motif, whipped  chain stitch, and Couched cording. The thread is Guterman Cotton made in Greece size 50, the cording is DMC Cordonet  cotton size 30. The fabrics are English Net and cotton organdie. The Motif is my daughter creation.


With the Organdie basted over the net to begin the flowers and leaves. The tendrils are done with just simple chain stitch, one strand of cotton sewing thread. 







Yes, she is pretty happy with her veil.





1 comment:

  1. Dear Sharon
    Wow!! Your work is stunning and also so lovely for her veil! She looks so happy!!
    Hugs 😘

    ReplyDelete