Trinitarian

Friday, December 13, 2019

The Leafy Tree

You need to open your browser to NeedleNThread and keep refreshing the page while patiently waiting for that early morning shop to open with a delightful new kit or risk them being sold out when you saunter over at break time later in the day.

I actually just went to the shop because I thought it might be ready and it was. I was surprised to have the privilege  of getting one.


Opening one of Mary's kits is likeopening a  Christmas present, beautifully wrapped and protected.


Her love of embroidery is in the details of her presentation. The pretty leaf that holds the wrapping paper of the linen. 


The orderliness of the contents, so easy to find what you need next. Fresh needles & a note to get you started.


I'm thankful for the detailed photos on the various stitches and the ability to ask questions and get tips that help conquer a stitch you find troublesome. 


Trying out some new threads and a stitch I've never tried; wheatear stitch,  and one I've never done well; fishbone stitch. Normally I use split stitch to do stems. I like the way the branches turned out with two threads using stem stitch. Much more like the bark of a tree. 




No hurry, no deadline, just enjoying the calming therapy of stitching.


Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment